You’ve planned. You’ve prepared… but have you really? The best way to prepare for rainy day weddings is to plan for a 100% chance of rain and take advantage of the setting, especially at unique all-outdoor venues, like Cypress Grove Estate House.
Rainy day weddings are often the biggest fear you’ll face, but it’s also the luckiest! It’s said to be good luck, signifying that your marriage will last. After all, a knot that becomes wet is hard to untie, so apply this towards your marriage and it’ll be just as hard to unravel!
So what can you do to prepare for rain on wedding day?
- Check the forecasts. Weatherman predicting some showers? Why not give out umbrellas?
- Keep your guests in the loop. Share normal weather conditions on your wedding website and let guests know ahead of time you’ve reserved an all-outdoor venue.
- Work with your vendors. They prepare for rain just like you do so they’ll be paying extra attention to the forecast and you!
- Use the lighting to your advantage! Photographers often prefer overcast days, plus it gives you an excuse to cuddle under an umbrella (there’s a reason some of the best kissing scenes in the movies take place in the rain). Just think about Allie and Noah – how romantic! The Notebook has set expectations high 😉
- The best advice for your rainy-day insurance plan? Reserve a tent!
Reserving a tent ensures every little detail you planned, plus your guests, stay dry and comfortable. I like to think of tents as an outdoor ballroom that create a lovely backdrop! Clear tents allow you to view the surroundings you fell in love with and white tents give photographers the perfect blank canvas! Which is your favorite?
Reserving your tent ahead of time gives you the peace of mind needed to ensure that if a rain shower does sneak into the forecast, you don’t have last-minute anxiety about reserving something. And while rain on your wedding day is never the plan, the reality is, it happens. And if it does, staying positive and knowing you’ve prepared will be a sure way no stress creeps in on your special day. If it does rain, tents can be dressed up and personalized, and let’s be real, absolutely stunning!